Please Note: You must be signed in to the PX Connect community to apply for the opportunity.
The Patient Advocacy Community Education Work Group Volunteers support the community through development of patient advocacy focused education; including but not limited to webinars, connection calls, pre-conference education offerings. This is done with support of The Beryl Institute including but not limited to, facilitating and delivering webinar and connection call platforms.
- Source content experts to develop specific topics of interest into educational opportunities for the patient advocacy committee and The Beryl Institute.
- Plan education opportunities based on the following schedule:
- Quarterly-1-hour webinar
- Bi-annual -1-hour connection call (networking call on specific topic with facilitator intro 10 minutes then discussion)
- Annual - 2 hour in-person presentation(s) at The Beryl Conference.
(Expectations of this committee are subject to change based on the evolving needs of the Patient Advocacy Community.)
- Current member of The Beryl Institute
- Current member of the Patient Advocacy Community
- Some background in the field of patient advocacy
- Interest in development of educational resources
Monthly one-hour teleconference meetings. May be some offline meetings scheduled to move work forward.
Patient Advocacy Community Education Work Group Volunteers
Work Group Leaders
- Have an opportunity to guide the direction of the Patient Experience educational program and be pro-active in the Institute’s overall learning program planning process
- Have the opportunity to connect with peers and build relationships
- Utilize and highlight education development skills sets
- Have the opportunity for career development
- Gain visibility for themselves and their organization
- Share their experience and expertise giving back to the patient experience community
Brenda Radford, Director, Member Engagement, Amerihealth Caritas
Toya Gorley, Strategic Advisor, NRC Health